Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Nollaig chridheil
(happy Christmas)

I hope that you have all had a very Happy Christmas & that you got to share it with loved ones. Be that Family or Friends.

I wanted to share with you some images I took of the Edinburgh 'German' Christmas Markets. Being new to Edinburgh, this type of market was a first for me & I have to say that I loved it!



Its possible that since the markets began, I have eaten lunch or dinner there every second day. Not to mention trying all the Glühwein (Glowing Wine) popular with german speaking countries & is a traditional Christmas beverage. Essentially it is a mulled wine but I discovered so many versions at the market that were all different enough that warranted my tasting them all.

In the end my favourite was the Flöff; a magical, mulled beer.














You can find this market stall near the Gypsy Caravan who will of course, read your fortunes...

I dare you to resist the smell of the food & wine. Not to mention the delicious sweets.





The Markets have something for everyone at every age; amusement rides for the young, those with heart conditions & those with a more adventurous streak. Food, Drink, amazing Hot Chocolates from the Baileys stall (mmmmm) & with sensational views of Old Town, I strongly recommend you head down to the Princes St Gardens to enjoy it.


















The Christmas Market is open until the 6th January, so put your resolutions off for another week & go indulge.

From Photo Tours Edinburgh, we wish you all a very Happy Hogmanay!
Be safe but have an adventurous New Year.



Bella xx



Comments

Popular Posts